Skilled Independent Visa 189
189 visa is for points-tested skilled workers to live and work in Australia permanently without an employer sponsorship offer, a family member or a nomination by one of the Australian states to support their application. Through these visa pathways, the Australian government welcomes foreign workers that can offer industry-specific skills that are in line with the country’s economic needs.
To be found eligible to apply for a skilled independent visa 189, you will first need to send an expression of interest through SkillSelect and, if you are successful, you will be invited to submit a full visa application for this subclass by the Department of Immigration.
Eligibility criteria require that:
- Your nominated profession is in the government’s skilled occupation list
- You have a valid skills assessment for the desired position
- You are under 50 years of age
- You have obtained a sufficient score in the points-based assessment, as indicated in your invitation letter
- You have an acceptable level of competency in English