Visa 188 – Entrepreneur & Business Investment Visa Australia
The Business Investor Visa 188 allows the holder to own a business, manage a business, conduct business activities, investment activities and entrepreneurial activities within Australia.
Visa 188 Eligibility
- Be nominated
- Be under 55
- Have a successful business career
- Have business ownership
- Have functional English
- Have no debt to the Australian Government
- Meet our character requirement
- Meet our health requirement
- Not have a history of involvement in unacceptable activities
- Not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused
- Own personal and business assets ranging from AUD $800,000 to 15 million
- Score at least 65 on the points test
- Sign the Australian values statement
- Business Innovation stream: 4 years and 3 months
- Investor stream: 4 years and 3 months
- Significant Investor stream: 4 years and 3 months
- Business Innovation Extension stream: 6–8 years
- Significant Investor Extension stream: 4 years
- Premium Investor stream: 4 years and 3 months
- Entrepreneur stream: 4 years and 3 months
Visa 188 Processing Time
- Business Innovation stream: 75% of applications — 31 months and 90% of applications — 33 months
- Investor stream: 75% of applications — 25 months and 90% of applications — 32 months
- Significant Investor stream: 75% of applications — 17 months and 90% of applications — 27 months
- Business Innovation Extension stream: 75% of applications — 15 months and 90% of applications — 17 months
- Significant Investor Extension stream: 75% of applications — 15 months and 90% of applications — 16 months
- Premium Investor stream: Processing times are not available
- Entrepreneur stream: Processing times are not available
Australia is a leading destination for students, skilled workers, and aspiring entrepreneurs due to the opportunities the country provides. The stable economy and simplified corporate and business rules are some of the primary reasons that attract investors and entrepreneurs.
The Government of Australia has created a specific business and entrepreneur visa category to encourage business-minded people worldwide to contribute to the Australian economy while living in the country. An individual can either invest in an existing business or set up their own business or buy a business in Australia. The country offers a number of visa streams for people who want to migrate to Australia by keeping business and investment in mind. The business investment visas in Australia can be classified as the following:
Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional Visa) – Subclass 188
This visa category is designed for eligible overseas business owners and investors to set up and run their business operations in Australia. The visa category can be further classified into the following streams:
Business and Innovation Stream – Subclass 188A Visa
The visa stream is structured for entrepreneurs and business owners who want to invest in an existing or new business in Australia or plan to make designated investments in Territory or State government bonds.
Investor Stream – Subclass 188B Visa
This visa stream is designed for investors who are searching for the right investment opportunities in Australia and are planning to make a complying investment of a minimum of AUD $5 million for four continuous years in the country.
Significant Investor Scheme – Subclass 188C Visa
This visa stream is ideally fitting the needs of individuals who are already running successful businesses in Australia and are planning to invest at least AUD $5 million in the country to maintain their business activity. The applicant can be nominated by a Territory or State.
Premier Investor Stream – Subclass 188D Visa
This visa stream is structured for premium investors who are planning to invest at least AUD $15 million in the country and have serious plans to conduct business activities in the country.
Entrepreneur Stream – Subclass 188E Visa
This visa stream is for Territory or State nominated individuals who have made an agreement with a third party for a minimum of AUD $200,000 to undertake a promotional campaign or activity with regards to a product or service of a business enterprise in the country.
Why Apply For A Subclass 188 Visa?
This visa category offers four years temporary permit to the country, and the holder of the visa can:
- Stay and study in the country during the valid period of the visa. This is usually four years and three months, and this can be extended up to eight years for certain streams – Significant Innovation Extension stream and Business Innovation Extension stream.
- Operate a new or existing business in the country.
- Carry out investments in the country and maintain it.
- Bring family members to the country.
- Travel back and forth from the country as many times as you want during the visa validity period.
- Apply for a permanent visa – if applicable.
To learn more about subclass 188 and discuss your specific needs, feel free to contact Southern Stone subclass 188 visa consultants. They can give you individualised advice to help you choose the right visa stream according to your requirements.
The Visa 188 Eligibility Requirements
The Australian investor visa requirements for application include a number of conditions. An applicant should meet all the following conditions to apply for a subclass 188 visa:
- A Territory or State of Australia must nominate the candidate.
- The candidate must secure the required visa points (65) for the Investor stream and Business Innovation stream.
- The applicant must prove their ongoing business involvement in the country – for the Business Innovation stream.
- The applicant must invest AUD $1.5 million or more in an Australian Territory or State – for the Investment stream.
- For the Significant Investment stream, the applicant must invest a complying investment of AUD $5 million or more in an Australian Territory or State.
- For the Premium Investment stream, the applicant must make a complying investment of AUD $15 million or more in an Australian Territory or State.
- For the Entrepreneur stream, the applicant must have a funding agreement with a third party to carry out entrepreneurial activity.
- To extend the stay under the Significant Investment Extension stream and Business Innovation Extension stream, the applicant should have stayed in the country for a minimum of three years as a subclass 188 holder under the qualified stream.
- The candidate must meet all the character and health requirements according to the visa category.
- The candidate should agree and abide by Australian laws.
Furthermore, the applicant must convince the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) that the visa grant is in the best interest of the applicant. The visa application and processing in Australia is a complex and delicate process that may require professional help. We welcome you to book a consultation with our subclass 188 visa consultants to help you with hassle-free visa application and processing for a favourable outcome.
How To Apply For A Visa Subclass 188?
Before making the subclass 188 visa application, the candidate should ensure that they hold a valid passport.
Secondly, the applicant should gather all the required evidence. The documentary evidence should be collected and carefully analysed for the subclass 188 visa application. For the Investor stream and Business Innovation stream, documentary evidence to prove how many visa points they have acquired is also required.
You can contact our visa consultants if you have specific questions on the eligibility conditions for the visa application processing.
Additionally, the applicant should submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) and get an invitation from the respective Australian Territory or State to apply for the visa category. Contact our immigration agents or visa consultants for expert advice on form-based eligibility and visa application processing.
The duly-filled, complete visa application should be filed with the DHA and the requisite fee is to be paid. Keep in mind that if the fee is not paid in full, the DHA might not consider your application at all. Learn the current visa charges for various streams:
- Business Innovation stream – starts at $AUD 5375
- Investor stream – starts at AUD $5375
- Significant Investor stream – starts at AUD $7880
- Premium Investor stream – starts at AUD $9455
- Entrepreneur stream – starts at AUD $4055
- Business Innovation Extension stream – starts at AUD $645
- Significant Innovation Extension stream – starts at AUD $645
Schedule a direct or online consultation with our visa 188 consultants in Victoria to get assistance on accurately filling the visa application for hassle-free processing. Our immigration agents have expertise in various visa rules and procedures and counsel you based on your eligibility and migration conditions. They will guide you through the visa application process and ensure a spotless filing of the application to ensure a positive visa decision.
After filing the visa application, the DHA will send you a letter to your registered mail address.
Processing Time for Subclass 188 Visa
The processing time for the visa category is different from person to person based on the migration category stream and the application volumes.
You can talk to our immigration consultants to learn more about visa processing time as well as eligibility. The following situations can make the processing time of your subclass 188 visa longer:
- Did not fill the application correctly
- Did not include all the required documents
- The DHA needs more information
- When the DHA plans to verify the documents thoroughly
We also offer 888 visa, partner visa, skilled independent visa, subclass 190, employer sponsored visa and more. You can communicate with our Migration Agent In Melbourne as they can examine your profile and understand your preferences, requirements, and eligibility conditions to help you choose the right visa stream. They will then help you with filling the visa application form and file it with the DHA. Our visa consultants are up to date with all the immigration laws and policies. They can provide you with accurate advice based on your circumstances and expectations and help you ensure the best possible immigration outcome.
The Entrepreneur visa allows the applicant to carry out the entrepreneurial activity in Australia. The applicant can stay in the country for up to 5 years on this visa and bring eligible family members along. Once you have an Entrepreneur visa and meet specific requirements, you may apply for a Business Innovation and Investment visa, which is a permanent visa. To secure the Entrepreneur visa, the candidate must be nominated by a State or Territory government agency, undertake or propose a conforming entrepreneur activity in the country, and show the authority a business plan for the entrepreneurial activity you want to carry out and have at least competent English.
The Australia Business Visa requires you to invest a minimum of AUD2.5 million in Australian investments, meet specific requirements and maintain business or investment activity in Australia for up to 5 years. In addition, you will have to pay a fee of AUD4,240 at the time of application. In case of additional applicants, there will be an extra fee per adult and child. Apart from this, expect to pay health checks, police certificates and biometrics costs. To secure the Business Investment Visa Australia, speak to our consultants today. We will guide you on all the costs of applying for this visa.
The Australian Business Innovation & Investment Stream (Provisional) visa (subclass 188) is a path to permanent residency, providing significant benefits to successful applicants. In addition, investors who want to acquire the Australia PR may apply for the Subclass 891 Investor Visa. To get this Visa, investors must be ready to invest at least AUD 1.5 million. Moreover, they must have stayed in Australia for at least 2 out of the last 4 years. To know more about obtaining Australian PR, speak to our visa experts. Our team will guide you on the procedure to invest in Australia and secure a PR.
To apply for the 188 visa, you must be under 55 years and nominated by the Australian state or territory government. You will have to submit an Expression of Interest and be invited by the Department of Home Affairs to apply for the visa. Next, you must gather all the required documents to prove your identity and show your business and assets. You can apply for this visa by following the instructions mentioned in your invitation letter. In addition, candidates must get health examinations done within 1 year of applying for the visa.
The 188 visa costs AUD4,240 for the primary applicant. There will be an extra charge for each family member applying for the visa along with the main applicant. Additional applicants over 18 years old have to pay AUD2,120. At the same time, an additional applicant under 18 years old has to pay a fee of AUD1,060. In case of an applicant of 18 years old or older has less than functional English, you may have to pay an extra charge. This charge is known as the second instalment, which is to be paid for when the authorities request. In case of visa refusal, the charge will be refunded to you. The second instalment charge for the primary applicant is AUD9,795 and for an additional family member is AUD4,890.
The 188E is a Business Innovation Stream Entrepreneur Visa for entrepreneurs wanting to develop an enterprise in Australia. This temporary visa can lead you to acquire a permanent residency in Australia once you have invested the desired amount for 4 years. You may apply for this visa application while being inside or outside Australia. However, if you lodge your application in Australia, you will require a substantive visa or a bridging A, B or C visa. If you want to know about the requirements for the 188E Visa, feel free to speak to our experts.
The 188B is an investment visa available to candidates nominated by an Australian State or Territory government. This is a temporary visa issued for up to 5 years. This visa is ideal for candidates interested in making a designated investment in an Australian state or territory. Candidates can apply for this visa while they are inside or outside Australia. However, candidates in Australia must have a Substantive Visa or a Bridging A, B or C visa. On this visa, candidates must reside in the nominating state for at least two years.
The Subclass 188C is the Significant Investor Stream Visa. This is a provisional visa granted to high net-worth people who wish to invest a minimum of A$5 million into significant investments in Australia and are willing to maintain business and investment activity in the country. This visa permits the holder to stay in Australia for up to 5 years. Once the candidate has completed 3 years on this visa, they may apply for Permanent Residence. The advantages of applying for this visa are that it has no upper age limit, no English Language requirement, no points test, and offers at least two extensions of 2 years each.