Australian Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Visa 187
This visa allows skilled workers, who are nominated by their employer in regional Australia, live and work in Australia permanently.
- You must have the required skills and qualifications needed to perform the tasks of the nominated occupation. We might ask you to get a skills assessment to show you have these skills
- You must be licensed, registered or a member of a professional body if it is mandatory in the state or territory you intend to work in
- Be nominated by the employer who sponsored your temporary work visa
- Usually, you must be under 45 years of age when you apply.
- You must currently be the primary visa holder of either: a subclass 457 visa, a subclass 482 (TSS) visa or a bridging visa A, B or C
- Meet our health requirement
- You and family members aged 16 years and over who apply for the visa with you must meet our character requirement.
- Sign the Australian values statement
- You must have at least Competent English.
- Have paid back your debt to the Australian Government
- Not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused
- Direct entry stream: Permanent
- Temporary Residence Transition stream: Permanent
- Direct entry stream: 75% — 31 months and 90% — 39 months
- Temporary Residence Transition stream: 75% — 7 months and 90% — 12 months
A skilled foreign worker nominated by an Australian employer to work in regional Australia can apply for a Permanent Residence visa subclass 187. In addition, the applicant can apply for a Regional Sponsor Migration Scheme visa in or outside of Australia. The applicant should hold a substantive visa or a related bridging visa while applying in Australia.
You can apply for a 187 visa in Melbourne under two streams. They are:
- Direct Entry Stream
- Temporary Residence Transition Stream
As a qualified and experienced RSMS visa agent, Southern Stone will help you complete your application form accurately and quickly. In addition, we have up-to-date knowledge of ever-changing immigration rules and laws. Therefore, you will experience the highest chance of getting a visa approval through our best value-added services.
What Are The Benefits Of RSMS 187 Visa?
Being an applicant of a regional sponsored migration scheme visa (subclass 187), you and your eligible family members (whose names appear in the application form) can enjoy all the benefits of an Australian permanent residency. The visa allows you to:
- Work and live in Australia indefinitely.
- Enrol in the Government’s healthcare program.
- Enjoy the opportunity of studying in Australia.
- Apply for Australian citizenship on meeting all residency obligations.
- Sponsor your relatives or family members for permanent residency in the country.
- Travel in and outside of the country as much as you want until the visa’s validity.
Direct Entry Stream – Subclass 187 Visa
If you have a minimum of 3 years of work experience in the nominated occupation and are sponsored by an Australian employer to work in the relevant field, you can apply under this scheme. You must hold a subclass 457 visa while applying for this visa category.
- Skilled assessment is mandatory for lodging an application under this scheme.
- You will have to meet the language requirements as IELTS 6 band in all modules or equivalent.
- A secondary applicant (above 18 years of age) will have to fulfil the language requirement of IELTS 4.5 band overall or anything equivalent.
Temporary Residence Transition Stream – Subclass 187 Visa
If you are holding a 457 or subclass 482 visa, you can apply under this scheme. You need 3 years of full-time work experience while holding a 457 visa. You should be nominated by an Australian employer whose nomination is approved at least six months before you apply for a subclass 187 visa.
- You do not require skilled assessment under this scheme.
- You will have to meet the language requirements as IELTS 5 band or equivalent in all modules.
- A secondary applicant (above 18 years of age) should meet the language requirement of IELTS 4.5 band overall or equivalent.
What Are The RSMS Visa Requirements?
The visa processing time entirely depends on how accurately you fill your application form and whether you fulfil all conditions and requirements. Various factors impact your visa decision and processing time. Some primary factors are:
- You must be sponsored by an Australian employer in any region of the country.
- You should be registered, licensed, or a member of a professional body in case it’s mandatory in the regional area.
- You should be less than 45 years of age if it is not mentioned in the labour agreement.
- You must have a nomination by an employer who is legally doing business in Australia.
- You will have to meet all health and character requirements as mentioned under this visa category.
- You will have to meet language requirements unless exempted.
- You may have to submit a skills assessment as a requirement.
- You will have to fulfil all stream requirements under which you have filed your application form.
Australia’s visa conditions and laws are stringent, and it may be challenging for you to apply for a visa without an expert’s guidance. Accuracy is mandatory at each step of your immigration journey. Slight mistakes or errors at any stage of the process may lead to visa rejection or cancellation.
Why not opt for the professional guidance and help of our 187 visa consultants to help fill your visa application form accurately? Our expertise allows us to understand the 187 visa requirements – ensuring the highest possibility of a favourable outcome with a hassle-free visa journey.