Student Visa Subclass 500
The Student Visas 500 allows the holder to study within Australia.
- Be a certain age depending on the year level
- Be a genuine temporary entrant
- Be enrolled in a course of study and provide evidence
- Have adequate health insurance
- Have enough money for your stay
- Have paid back your debt to the Australian Government
- If you are in Australia, you must hold an eligible substantive visa
- Make welfare arrangements if you are under 18 years
- Meet our character requirement
- Meet our health requirement
- Not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused
- Provide evidence of your English language skills at the time you submit your visa application
- Sign the Australian values statement
Processing times vary depending on education level
Just Three Easy Steps
Only three easy steps ahead, you can Find the best solution regarding your migration and visa related problems. We have a experienced team to service youservice your migration, employment, financial and investment requirements.
The Student Visa Subclass 500 permits international students to live in Australia and enrol in educational institutions recognised by the government. This visa type allows the holder to live in the country for the duration of the course for which they have enrolled.
The subclass 500 visa holder can stay in Australia for a maximum period of five years. If they wish to stay longer than the aforementioned period, they need to apply for a new visa.
Benefits of Applying for a Student Visa 500 (Australia)
The Subclass 500 student visa permits holders to:
- Study and train full-time in Australia.
- Enter and exit the country as many times as they want till the time their visa is valid. However, the travel must be in line with visa (subclass 500) conditions.
- Work for up to 40 hours every fortnight once their educational course has begun.
- Bring their family members along with them to Australia (including their partner and the partner’s dependent child)
- Travel to and from Australia for five years.
Visa Requirements For Student Visa Subclass 500
To be eligible for the subclass 500 visa, the applicant must satisfy all visa conditions established by the Department of Home Affairs (DHA). The following are the basic Student Visa requirements.
- The applicant must enrol or secure an offer letter to undertake a full-time course with an Australian education provider before applying for the subclass 500 visa.
- The applicant must be a minimum of six years of age.
- The applicant’s course for enrolment must be included in the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) list.
- The applicant should be proficient in the English language (unless exempted).
- The applicant must possess the Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of their stay in Australia. It is recommended to take the OSHC for the family members too for convenient entry to Australia.
- The applicant must meet the health and character requirements set by the DHA.
- The applicant should sign the Australian Value statement, confirming to respect and abide by Australian lifestyle and laws.
- The applicant must pay back or make arrangements to pay back any money they owe to the Australian government.
- The applicant should have sufficient funds to cover their entire stay in Australia.
- To secure the subclass 500 visa, the DHA should be convinced that the candidate meets all the preconditions for applying and perusing the selected course.
To know more about the set visa conditions or clear your doubts, please get in touch with our professional student visa immigration agents. Australia’s visa application process can be tedious and challenging to navigate. Please book an appointment with our subclass 500 visa consultants and save yourself the hassle of going through the procedure alone.
Application Procedure for a Student Visa (Subclass 500)
The candidate must hold a valid passport to begin the application procedure for the Student Visa (subclass 500). If the candidate doesn’t possess a valid passport, they need to apply for one.
The next thing is to collect all the relevant documentary evidence required to process the subclass 500 visa. It is essential to ensure that all evidence complements the facts provided in the subclass 500 visa application. The candidate is free to include their partner and partner’s dependent children in the application.
Once the application is filed, it needs to be submitted to the DHA and the relevant fee. If the Student Visa 500 fees are not paid in full, the application will be rejected. On submission, the DHA will assess the application and communicate the decision made through registered mail. If the application is rejected, the applicant will receive the reason for not approving the application.
To prevent making mistakes on your application, it is recommended that you hire our student visa immigration agents. Our team includes expert student visa lawyers who can counsel you and provide guidance to secure the subclass 500 visa. Call us on 1300 188 999 to schedule an appointment with our experts.
What is the Processing Time for Student Visa Subclass 500?
The processing time of the application depends on the personal profiles and the duration for which the application is made.
- Processing time for Foreign Affairs or Defence Sector is:
75% of applications in 3 months
90% of applications in 5 months
- Processing time for Postgraduate Research Sector is:
75% of applications in 6 months
90% of applications in 9 months
- Processing time for Non-Award Sector is:
75% of applications in 8 months
90% of applications in 13 months
- Processing time for the School Sector is:
75% of applications in 6 months
90% of applications in 7 months
- Processing time for Higher Education Sector is:
75% of applications in 62 days
90% of applications in 6 months
Speak to the subclass 500 visa consultant at Southern Stone to get more details on processing the visa application.
The Student Visa (Subclass 500) is subject to many conditions. To understand all the requirements for this visa, get in touch with our student visa agent today. We promise to provide complete details on the student visa requirements to help you achieve a positive outcome for your application.
Our subclass 500 visa consultant will make your migration journey easy. Our knowledge of the requirements of the Student Visa Subclass 500 makes us capable enough to help you stay and study in Australia. Call us on 1300 188 999 to book an appointment with our experts.