Family Visa Australia
Family is the most important aspect of our life and forms an important part of the Australian immigration framework. The family stream of Australian Migration Program enables close family members such as partners, children, and parents to be reunited in Australia. Other family members such as orphan relatives, carers, aged dependent relatives, and remaining relatives also can be included.
Family stream categories
Two visa types in partner migration category;
- Partner visa for a spouse or de facto partner, including a same-sex partner
- Prospective marriage visa for a fiancé who is overseas and plans to marry soon after traveling to Australia
Three visa types available in the child migration category;
- Child visa for a dependent child
- Adoption visa for a child adopted outside Australia
- Orphan relative visa for a child who is under 18 years old
Two visa types available in the parent migration category;
- Contributory parent visa for parents where they pay higher visa application charge for a faster processing time of approximately 2-4 years.
- Parent visa (subclass 103) and aged parent visa(subclass 804) for longer waiting period, approximately up to 30 years.
Three visa types available under other family migration category;
- Carer visa for applicants have a relative in Australia with a long-term or permanent medical condition and willing to give continuing assistances to them
- Aged dependent relative visa is for applicants who are left as single and only dependent on their Australian relatives
- Remaining relative visa is for applicants who only has their Australian relative as close family member
There are a number of visa pathways available to help family reunite and we here at Southern Stone gain enormous satisfaction every time we successfully obtain visas for family members of Australian citizens or permanent residents.
We provide professional advice in relation to the most suitable family visa option available for your family members to meet the relevant legislative requirements and guide you thoroughly through the often long and arduous process.
If you have a family to bring to Australia and need a family visa agent Melbourne, contact us immediately on 1300 188 999 to book a consultation with one of our highly experienced registered migration agents in Melbourne.