Partner Visa Subclass 820 (Temporary) And Subclass 801
The visa categories are designed for people who wish to come and settle in Australia as a spouse or de-facto partner of an eligible Australian citizen, eligible New Zealand citizen, or Australian permanent resident. While the subclass 820 visa is designed as a primary stage of a partner visa, the subclass 801 visa is the next stage where the partner can stay in the country indefinitely.
If you have specific questions on either partner visa 820, visa 801, or both, contact us and discuss this with our partner visa consultants. With many years of providing this service and being up to date with the latest immigration rules and procedures, our visa consultants will guide you to choose the right visa option based on your specific needs.
Why Apply for a Subclass 820 Or Subclass 801?
While the subclass 801 visa is your visa for Permanent Residency, the subclass 820 visa is the primary step to get a subclass 801 visa or Permanent Residency. With these partner visas, you can:
- Stay in Australia permanently (subclass 801) or while a permanent visa is being processed (subclass 820)
- Study in the country
- Work in the country
- Enrol in the public healthcare scheme of Australia
- Leave and return to the country as many times as you want
- Sponsor a visa option for any member of your family unit to Australia (only for subclass 801)
- If eligible, apply for citizenship (only for subclass 801)
- Enrol for a free English class (if eligible) offered by the Adult Migrant English Program
What Are The Requirements For Subclass 801 & 820 Partner Visas?
To become eligible for a subclass 801 or 820 visa, you should meet all the following temporary and permanent partner visa conditions set by the Department of Home Affairs (DHA):
- The applicant should have a partner temporary visa (subclass 820) or a valid dependent child visa (subclass 445) – applicable only for subclass 801 processing.
- The applicant must be the spouse or de-facto partner of an Australian citizen, eligible New Zealand citizen, or a permanent resident of Australia.
- The applicant, as well as their Australian partner, must be committed to having a shared life.
- The marriage that the subclass visa application filed is related to must be valid according to Australian laws.
- The relationship between the applicant and their partner must be genuine and continuing.
- The applicant must be 18 years old or older at the time of application.
- The applicant should have a sponsor to take care of the financial obligations during their stay in the country. The sponsor must be an Australian citizen, eligible New Zealand citizen, or permanent resident of Australia.
- The applicant should meet all the character and health requirements according to the visa conditions.
- The applicant or their family should ensure that they pay back any liability due to the Australian government or make arrangements to repay any debts.
- The applicant must abide by Australian laws.
- To ensure a positive visa processing outcome, the DHA will use the evidence provided to grant the visa in the applicant’s best interest.
Both the 801 and 820 visas are onshore visas, which means the applicant must be present in the country when applying. For 801 visas, once approved, the applicant gets the right to live in Australia permanently, with their right to travel being valid for five years.
According to the immigration regulations, de-facto partners are:
- Not married to each other
- Not related by family
- Committed to a shared life with each other (to the exclusion of all others)
- Living together, or planning to live together permanently
When it comes to the partner visa 820 requirement, the applicant should not have a history of cancelled or rejected visas. Such issues can lead to the non-consideration of visa application during the processing stage.
The Australian visa and immigration application processes are often confusing. Even the omission of minute details and minor errors can lead to a delay in visa processing or end up with the rejection of the application. At Southern Stone, our team of immigration consultants have several years of experience in helping our clients to choose the right visa stream based on their expectations. Connect with us today to discuss your immigration requirements, including subclass 801 visa to citizenship process, with our visa consultants to make the transition stress-free with the desired outcome.
How To Apply For A Partner Visa
Before applying for a subclass 801 or subclass 820 visa, the applicant must ensure that:
- They hold valid passport. If not, apply for a fresh passport before beginning the application process.
- Gather all the required evidence, documents, and information. All documentary proofs for the visa stream must be collected and analysed as part of the visa application. The evidence and documents must complement the facts and information provided in the application form.
- If the candidate plans to include their family members in the visa application form, they must also gather documentary proof to support the application.
The duly filled visa application form should then be filed with the DHA, and the requisite fee must be paid. The fee must be paid in full to ensure the timely processing of the application.
The DHA will communicate the status of the visa processing at regular intervals and update the final visa decision to the registered email of the applicant. If there is a rejection, they will also include the rationale for the decision to the applicant.
Talk to our visa consultants today and get professional guidance and help in every aspect of visa application and processing. We will learn your priorities, go through your profile and documents, and work with you to ensure a favourable visa outcome. Schedule an appointment with our visa consultants for a hassle-free partner visa 801 or partner visa 820 processing.
Processing Time for Subclass 801 and 820 Visas
There is no fixed timeframe for processing subclass 801 and 820 visas. The processing time for these partner visas varies from person to person based on their individual profile requirements. However, you can get an idea about the processing time by going through the following facts:
- Almost 75 percent of visa applications are processed within a year
- 90 percent of applications are processed within 1.5 years
Talk to an expert visa consultant at Southern Stone to learn about the visa processing time and tips to make the processing as quick as possible. The common reasons for different visa processing times for subclass 801 and 820 visas are the following:
- Sometimes, the DHA may uphold a thorough assessment policy, and this can result in a longer processing time than normal
- When additional details and information required
- To verify the supporter’s or sponsor’s details
Contact Us Today
Applying for the right visa stream according to your preference is not a simple job. It requires a proper understanding of relevant laws, procedures, and segments, especially if you want to apply for both visas simultaneously. Understanding the rules and fulfilling the conditions and regulations are critical to getting the visa approved while processing.
Getting the assistance of expert visa consultants is the best and most hassle-free way to file the application with the DHA for seamless processing. Our subclass 801 and 820 visa consultants are excited to work with you and help you ensure a streamlined visa application process and a desired outcome. Avoid dealing with all the hassles of the visa application process with the help of our visa consultants. Contact us on 1300 188 999 to book an appointment with our visa consultants.