Aged Parent Visa 804
The Aged Parent Visa 804 is a permanent visa that allows an aged parent of an Australian citizen, permanent resident or New Zealand citizen to move to Australia.
- Have a sponsor
- Have assurance of support
- Have paid back your debt to the Australian government
- Meet the balance-of-family test
- Meet the character requirement
- Meet the health requirement
- Not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused
- Sign the Australian values statement
- You cannot apply for this visa if you have already applied for or hold a Sponsored Parent (Temporary) (subclass 870) visa
- You must be old enough to receive the age pension in Australia
The Aged Parent Subclass 804 Visa is designed for the parents of Australian citizens and permanent residents, and eligible New Zealand citizens, permitting them to live in the country permanently.
The Aged Parent Visa is a permanent visa, providing benefits and entitlements to a citizen with minor differences. Of all the parent visas, subclass 804 has the lowest application fee. However, the aged parent visa 804 processing time is long, and the application may take up to 13 years to be approved. If the subclass 804 visa application is made in the country, the applicant may live in Australia on a bridging visa until the visa is processed.
If you wish to start your Subclass 804 visa application process, get in touch with the visa experts at Southern Stone. Our Parent Visa agents can tell you whether you are eligible to make the Subclass 804 application in Australia.
Benefits Of The Aged Parent Visa 804
The Aged Parent Visa 804 permits permanent access to Australia. This visa permits the holder to:
- Stay and work in the country for an indefinite period.
- Travel in and out of the country for five years.
- Apply for Australian Citizenship (if eligible).
- Sponsor family members to visit the country.
- Enrol in the Government’s medical health care scheme.
The applicant can enjoy all of these benefits if they follow the visa conditions at all times. To get answers to specific or general queries on this visa type, connect with our Aged Parent Visa agents.
Eligibility Criteria for the Subclass 804 Visa
The applicant has to meet the following requirements to be eligible for the subclass 804 visa:
- The applicant must have a child, who is an:
- Australian Citizen
- Australian Permanent Visa Holder
- New Zealand Citizen (Eligible)
- The applicant needs to clear the balance of family test, having the following requirements:
- At least half of their children must be permanent residents in Australia; or
- More children must live in Australia as permanent residents than in any other country.
- Their Australian child must sponsor the applicant. If the child is below 18 years of age, then the sponsorship can be given by:
- The child’s spouse (who must be above 18 years and an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen)
- A close family relative or legal guardian of the applicant’s child or child’s spouse.
- The applicant must be old enough to enrol and obtain the aged pension in Australia (65-67years).
- The applicant must meet all the health and character requirements set for this visa category.
- The applicant must get written assurance of support, confirming that they will require no Australian government assistance.
- The applicant and their sponsor must have cleared all dues of the Australian Government (if there are any) or have made the arrangement to clear the dues.
- The applicant must confirm that they will obey the Australian laws and living rules by signing a values statement.
- The applicant must have no history of cancelled visas as this may cause rejection of the visa application form.
The candidate must convince the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) that the visa grant will be beneficial for the applicant. The subclass 804 visa involves a complicated process requiring professional help. We recommend booking an appointment with our aged parent visa agent to understand the requirements of the subclass 804 visa.
Procedure For Applying for the Subclass 804 Visa
To apply for the Aged Parent 804 Visa, the applicant must have a valid passport. If the existing passport is lost or about to expire, it is essential to apply and secure a new passport before submitting a visa application.
These are the application steps to be followed:
- Collect all required documentary evidence for the visa application. Ensure that all the evidence is as per the subclass 804 visa requirement. The evidence must support the facts stated in the application form.
- On completion of the application, the form and the fee are to be submitted to the DHA. The applicant must pay the fee in full to avoid the application from being cancelled or delayed.
- Once the application is submitted, the DHA will start the visa assessment. As a decision is made, the applicant will be notified by registered post.
If you require help with filling the visa application, speak to our 804 visa consultants. Our consultants are knowledgeable enough to offer you the assistance required to help secure the desired visa. Please book an appointment with our visa immigration agents to begin the subclass 804 visa process.
Aged Parent Visa 804 Processing Time
There is no fixed processing time for the Aged Parent visa. The processing time differs from application to application.
This visa type’s processing time is up to thirteen years or more due to the high demand for family immigration. Speak to the 804 visa immigration agent at Southern Stone to know more about the Aged Parent Visa processing time and requirements.
The processing time for a Subclass 804 visa depends on the applicant’s profile and is subject to queuing and capping. Here are some possible reasons for the long processing time for this visa category:
- Inaccurately filled application
- Failure to submit all required documents
- More information required by the DHA
- More time required by the DHA to authenticate the documents submitted
The DHA usually gathers information from the applicant as well as external agencies before making a decision. Generally, the processing time for permanent visas is longer than the processing time for temporary visas.
Not everyone has in-depth knowledge of the immigration laws in Australia. To get a consultation on applying for the subclass 804 visa, contact our immigration consultants. Our expert 804 visa agents can offer the required assistance. Contact us to book a consultation session with our 804 visa immigration agents. We would love to help you achieve your dream of securing the Aged Parent Visa to stay with your family forever! To speak to our experts, call us on 1300 188 999.