If you’ve been dreaming of living and working in Australia, there’s no better time than now to make your move. All the states and territories have announced the opening of their nomination places for the coveted 190 and 491 visas. This is a golden opportunity for skilled individuals and their families to embark on a new adventure down under. Let’s break down what this exciting development means for aspiring migrants.
Understanding the 190 and 491 Visas
Before we dive into the exciting news about nomination places, let’s briefly understand what the 190 and 491 visas entail:
- 190 Visa: The Skilled Nominated (Subclass 190) visa is a permanent residency visa that allows skilled workers to live and work anywhere in Australia. To be eligible, you must be nominated by a state or territory government and meet certain skill and occupation requirements.
- 491 Visa: The Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) (Subclass 491) visa is a temporary visa that allows skilled workers and their families to live, work, and study in designated regional areas of Australia for up to five years. After fulfilling certain conditions, you can apply for permanent residency.
Why State and Territory Nomination Matters
Nomination by a state or territory government is a crucial step in the visa application process. It not only increases your chances of receiving an invitation to apply for the visa but also allows you to access additional points on the Department of Home Affairs’ points-based system. These extra points can make a significant difference in your overall score and enhance your eligibility for the visa.
Exciting Developments: All States and Territories Are Open for Nomination
Now, let’s get to the exciting news: all the states and territories in Australia have announced the opening of their nomination places for the 190 and 491 visas. This means that regardless of where you intend to settle in Australia, you have multiple options available.
Each state and territory has its own specific requirements and priorities when it comes to nominating skilled workers. They consider factors such as your occupation, work experience, and your commitment to living and contributing to their region. Therefore, it’s essential to research and understand the nomination process for the location that aligns best with your goals and qualifications.
Benefits of Regional Nomination (491 Visa)
If you’re considering the 491 visa, keep in mind the additional benefits of regional nomination:
- Pathway to Permanent Residency: After living and working in a designated regional area for a specified period and meeting certain requirements, you can apply for permanent residency through the Subclass 191 visa.
- Priority Processing: Regional nominations are often given priority in the visa processing queue, increasing your chances of a faster visa grant.
- Access to More Occupations: Some states and territories may offer occupations on their regional lists that are not available for the 190 visa. This widens your range of potential job opportunities.
Now that the nomination places are open, it’s time to get the ball rolling on your Australian dream. Here are the next steps you should consider:
- Research: Explore the nomination requirements and priorities for each state and territory to determine the best fit for your skills and goals.
- Skills Assessment: Ensure that your skills and qualifications align with the Australian standards and get your skills assessed if required.
- Expression of Interest (EOI): Lodge an EOI through the Department of Home Affairs’ SkillSelect system, specifying the state or territory you are interested in.
- State Nomination Application: Once you receive an invitation from a state or territory, submit your nomination application.
- Visa Application: After successfully obtaining state or territory nomination, you can then apply for the 190 or 491 visa.
Remember that the process can be complex, and each state or territory may have its own unique requirements and timelines. Therefore, seeking guidance from migration experts or registered migration agents in Melbourne can be invaluable in navigating this exciting journey.
Australia’s states and territories are eager to welcome skilled individuals who can contribute to their communities and economies. So, if you’ve been contemplating a move to the Land Down Under, seize this opportunity to pursue your dreams and build a brighter future for yourself and your family in one of the world’s most beautiful and diverse countries.