Student Guardian Visa

Student Guardian Visa (subclass 590)

For international students younger than 18 years of age, one of their parents or a close relative could apply for Student Guardian Visa. However, in some circumstances, if you apply for this visa and you have a child under the age of 6, your visa application may not be granted unless you are able to demonstrate compelling and compassionate reasons to support your application. (Please contact us if you would like to know more about this)

After visa granted, you can live in Australia for the same length of time as the student for whom you are guardian or until the student turns 18 years of age, which ever happens first. Besides, you can study in Australia for up to 20 hours per week in an English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS) and study in a course other than ELOCOS in Australia for up to three months.

Note: As the holder of a Student Guardian Visa (subclass 590), you are not allowed to work in Australia.

Google Rating