PLEASE NOTE THAT SUBCLASS 489 VISA IS NOW CLOSED AND HAS BEEN REPLACED WITH SUBCLASS 491 SKILLED WORK REGIONAL (PROVISIONAL) VISA
The subclass 491 Skilled Work Regional (Provision) Visa is a provisional visa designed to attract skilled workers to live and work in regional Australia. This visa replaces the previous subclass 489 Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa on 16 November 2019.
There are two streams available under this visa, one under state nomination and the other eligible relative sponsorship.
Benefits of the Subclass 491
- 5-year validity
- Medicare eligibility
- Pathway to PR after 3 years living and working in regional Australia
- Priority processing
- Must lodge an Expression of Interest and be invited to apply, minimum points is 65 or more
- Must be nominated by an Australian state or territory government agency or sponsored by an eligible relative
- Be 45 years of age or under
- Have a suitable skills assessment for an occupation that is on the eligible skilled occupations
- Have competent English
- Meet health and character requirement
*An important condition attaching to this visa is the requirement for the visa holder to live, study and work in a designated regional area. The regional area must be on the list of designated regional areas on the date of visa grant.
If you wish to find out more information on the new subclass 491 Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa, please email or call us today on 1300 188 999 for an obligation free consultation.