Subclass 485 Graduate Visa In Australia
A temporary visa that allows international students to live, study and work after you have finished your studies.
- Under 50 years of age
- You are the main holder of a current student visa or held a student visa within the past 6 months
- Meet the Australian study requirement
- Have skills and qualifications that Australia needs
- Hold a valid passport from the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Canada, New Zealand or the Republic of Ireland, or prove your English proficiency
- Have adequate health insurance
- Meet our health requirement
- Meet our character requirement
- Sign the Australian values statement
- Have no debt to the Australian Government
- Not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused
- Graduate Work stream: 18 months — Hong Kong passport holders may stay for 5 years
- Post-Study Work stream: 2–4 years — Hong Kong passport holders may stay for 5 years
- Second Post-Study Work stream: 1–2 years — Hong Kong passport holders may stay for 5 years
- Graduate Work stream: 75% — 9 months and 90% — 10 months
- Post-Study Work stream: 75% — 9 months and 90% — 9 months
- Second Post-Study Work stream: Processing times are not available
The subclass 485 visa is also known as the Temporary Graduate visa subclass 485. This visa is designed for those international students who wish to stay and study in Australia. The visa holder gets the right to study and work after completing their study – anywhere in Australia. The visa category can be divided into two main streams, including:
- Graduate work visa
- Post study work visa
Are you looking to apply for a graduate visa 485 or a second post study work visa? As a leading 485 visa consultancy, Southern Stone can help you through each stage of the visa process, making the complete journey easy and stress-free.
Why Apply For The 485 Graduate Work Stream Visa?
A graduate work stream visa is a temporary visa for international students. If you have freshly graduated and want to apply for a graduate work stream visa, you can expect the following once your application has been approved:
- You can stay for a period of up to 18 months. Additionally, Hong Kong passport holders can stay in the country for up to five years.
- You can bring your family with you.
- You can study and work full time in the country temporarily.
On the other hand, the post study work stream visa is designed for those international students who have recently graduated from an Australian institution. The visa under this category allows you to:
- Stay in Australia for two to four years or up to five years for Hong Kong passport holders.
- Bring your family members with you to the country.
- Study or work full-time on a temporary basis.
If you want more details on the 485 visa requirements and benefits, you can contact our 458 visa consultants. Southern Stone is a trusted temporary graduate visa agent and can help you with fast visa processing.
What Are The Subclass 485 Visa Requirements?
To be an eligible candidate for a Temporary Graduate visa, you will need to meet all necessary requirements and criteria. If you fail to fulfil any of the following requirements, the visa authority may reject your application. The basic conditions include, but are not limited to:
- You should have a degree from an Australian institution.
- Your qualification must satisfy the Government’s specific occupation requirement.
- You must pass a CRICOS (Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students) registered course to apply for the post graduate visa.
- You must be less than 50 years of age at the time of the 485 visa application.
- You must fulfil the character conditions set out by the concerned visa department.
- You will have to meet all health requirements.
You will have to pass the English language conditions in IELTS, Pearson Tests, or Occupational English Test.
- You will have to pass the skill assessment test successfully for graduate work stream access.
- You will have to ensure that you apply for the temporary resident visa (485) before the expiry of six months from the date of completion of your course.
Additionally, you require valid health insurance for the 485 visa process. The insurance should provide you and your family member (whose name appears in the application form) with the basic health coverage starting from the time of the visa processing and till its validity.
Our visa immigration agent can help you get the best possible offers from the industry’s leading partners.
Australia offers a wide selection of educational options for international students. Our professional visa immigration agents can guide you through all requirements to ensure the best chance of a visa application approval.
The 485 visa requirement conditions are stringent. It requires an expert’s knowledge and guidance for a successful application outcome. Contact us on 1300 188 999 or fill out our online form to find out more.