The Australia Awards–Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships program offers prospective international students the opportunity to study, compile research as well as gain professional experience in Australia via competitive, merit-based scholarships to high-achieving students.
The program is designed for postgraduates, postdoctoral researchers, professionals and VET students. Successful applicants receive financial support with regards to travel and establishment allowances, payments towards tuition, and a monthly stipend. These applicants also receive personalised support provided by a dedicated case manager covering pre-departure briefings, health care/insurance/accommodation/security/legal matter advice, and payment of allowances.
At a glance: All successful scholarship/fellowship applicants will receive:
- Travel allowances of $3,000 with a provision to pay up to $4,500 under special circumstances.
- An establishment allowance of $2,000 for fellowships or $4,000 for scholarship students.
- A monthly stipend of $3,000 which will be paid up to the maximum category duration on a pro-rata basis.
- Health insurance for the full category duration of the scholarship (OSHC for international recipients).
- Travel insurance for students, excluding during the program for international recipients.
Endeavour scholarship recipients will also receive all tuition fees paid up to the maximum study/research duration on a pro-rata basis, which includes student services and amenities fees.
There are currently three categories of programs that international recipients of the scholarship can choose to undertake in Australia:
- Executive Fellowships: The Endeavour Executive Fellowship falls within the professional development level, it has a duration of 1-4 months.
- Vocational Educational and Training scholarships: The Endeavour Vocational Education and Training (VET) Scholarship is offered as an Australian Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree and has a duration of 1-2.5 years.
- Post Graduate and Post-Doctoral scholarships and fellowships: Australian Masters or PhD up to 2 years for Masters, up to 4 years for a PhD. Short-term research based course towards an overseas Masters, PhD or post-doctoral research of 4-6-month duration.
- Be 18 years or older
- Be from a participating country
- Commence the proposed program after 1 January 2017
- Provide all relevant supporting documentation
- Not currently hold a scholarship sponsored by the Australian government
- Participating countries: the Americas, Asia, the Caribbean, Europe, the Middle East, the Pacific and India etc. depending on the category.
- Step 1: Gain understanding of the program and what is required for an application
- Step 2: Review and ensure the minimum eligibility requirements
- Step 3: Read the terms and conditions
- Step 4: Register online
- Step 5: Remember your unique application ID and reference
- Step 6: Complete responses to the selection criteria
- Step 7: Finalise and submit your application
*Optional: If you require advice or guidance for student visa, speak with our team of registered migration agents to ensure you tick all the boxes.
For more information on the above application process visit the website: https://internationaleducation.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx
So, what are you waiting for? Australian opportunity and learning awaits!