Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) Visa (subclass 188)
This visa is suitable for successful business owners or investors from overseas who are willing invest in new or existing business in Australia or make designated investment in Australian State or Territory government bonds.
The Business Innovation & Investment Visa involves a two-stage application process. At the first stage business migrants apply for a provisional visa (Subclass 188) and then if they meet certain criteria, they can apply for a permanent visa under Subclass 888.
There are five streams under Subclass 188 visa:
- Business Innovation stream (subclass 188A): For people with business skills who want to establish, develop and manage a new or existing business in Australia.
- Investor stream (subclass 188B): For people who want to make a designated investment of at least AUD $1.5million in an Australian state or territory and maintain business and investment activity in Australia.
- Significant Investor stream (subclass 188C): For people who are willing to invest at least AUD $5million into complying investments in Australia and want to maintain business and investment activity in Australia.
- Premium Investor Stream (subclass 188D): For people who are willing to invest at least AUD$15million into complying premium investments in Australia
- Entrepreneur Stream (subclass 188E): For people who have a funding agreement from a third party for at least AUD$200k to undertake a complying entrepreneur activity
WARNING! The above five streams of Australian Business Innovation and Investment visas each has their own eligibility criteria imposed by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP). In addition, as this visa is a state-nominated visa, each state also has their own specific requirements. As a result, it is crucial for potential applicants to contact professional registered Migration Agents and Certified Public Accountants early in the application process to maximum the chance of visa approval.
How can we help?
During the process of your visa application
The conditions for migration to Australia differ in the various business visa streams and for several pathways, auditing of financial reports by certified Australian Accountants are required. With extensive experience in audit for the purpose of migration to Australia, Southern Stone performs the audit under the latest immigration laws and requirements in Australia, providing a stream-lined service in preparation for your business visa migration documentation.
After your Visa approval when settling in Australia
After your visa grant and upon arriving in Australia, we can provide ongoing support to you in an accounting, taxation, investment and visa compliance capacity as you establish and develop your business in Australia, particularly if your objective is to secure permanent residency status in due course.
Specifically, we will provide the following services:
- Establishing your Australian business entity
- Advising you on all Taxation and Accounting matters
- Preparation and lodgment of Annual Financial Statement for your business in accordance with requirement of migration law and accounting standards
- Preparation and lodgment of annual income tax returns for your business and all your family members
- Business investment due diligence