189 visa is for points-tested skilled workers to live and work in Australia permanently without an employer sponsorship offer, a family member or a nomination by one of the Australian states to support their application. Through these visa pathways, the Australian government welcomes foreign workers that can offer industry-specific skills that are in line with the country’s economic needs.
To be found eligible to apply for a skilled independent visa 189, you will first need to send an expression of interest through SkillSelect and, if you are successful, you will be invited to submit a full visa application for this subclass by the Department of Immigration.
Eligibility criteria require that:
- Your nominated profession is in the government’s skilled occupation list
- You have a valid skills assessment for the desired position
- You are under 50 years of age
- You have obtained a sufficient score in the points-based assessment, as indicated in your invitation letter
- You have an acceptable level of competency in English
Contact Southern Stone and speak to one of our experienced agents to find out what jobs meet the requirements and how to lodge your application.